Secure a position at a school or institution that practices, studies, or advocates for self-directed learning.
Complete and publish my translation of The Woman of the Future.
Write and publish articles for my blog and other publications.
My Teaching Philosophy
INSERT A DESCRIPTIVE BLURB O'ER HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR Can be found over here!
Spring 2018 - present
I have been tutoring and supporting a ten-year-old and a twelve-year-old as they pursues their interests in everything from sculpting clay Pokemon, studying Greek mythology, calculating top scootering speeds, searching for geocaches, and studying Spanish.
Research Assistant and Curriculum Consultant
It was a joy to assist a Middlebury College professor in finding and implementing practices that fostered engagement and promoted learning in both classes and research presentations.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you like on your page. I’m a great place for you to write more. Tell a story about yourself.
Teacher’s Assistant/Intern, Substitute Teacher
January 2016, Spring 2016 - Present
- Collaborated with Special Education and English faculty to assist with planning and instruction.
- Hired as a result of exemplary work during internship at Middlebury Union Middle School.
- Have subbed for Special Education and Social Studies.
Swing Dance Instructor
September 2014 - Present
- Planned and taught beginner and intermediate group classes and private lessons for students of all ages.
Swing Dance Club Co- President
2013 - 2015
- Expanded teacher training, revised club constitution, implemented gender-inclusive lessons and events.
- Managed $2,000+ budget, planned performances, booked bands, organized service projects and group travel.
Camp Counselor and Kayaking Instructor
August 2013, June 2012
- Taught kayaking and maintained morale and safety of campers ages 6 to 16 as lead and assistant instructor.
- Clearly communicated with parents and campers regarding safety expectations and logistical arrangements.
Front Desk Customer Service Representative June - January 2013, Summer 2014, Summer 2015
- Coordinated accommodations, catering, ground transportation, billing and record-keeping to meet the needs of professional and student pilots, high-profile clients, vendors, and staff members.
Arts and crafts
Walking in the woods
Making cringeworthy puns
Bachelor of Arts
2013 - 2018
I graduated with honors as a Literary Studies major with double minors in English 7-12 Education and Spanish. There, I was a member, performer, instructor, and two year co-president of our Swing Dance Club. I also managed the Arts and Crafts room on campus, which involved assisting students with their projects and researching, purchasing, and stocking supplies.
Bread Loaf School of English.
Master of Arts
Summer 2018 and beyond!
I am delighted to be attending the Bread Loaf School of English. Their summer Master's program will allow me to work and teach during the year, while also pursuing further education. There I will stoke my curiosity, learn from the school's exceptional faculty, hone my writing craft, experience new places, and learn new skills and information to bring back to my students and my community.
Middlebury Language School
Intensive Spanish Immersion Program
My time at Middlebury's Language school solidified my Spanish reading, writing, and speaking skills.